Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Dana Controversy

Dana Adobes controversial relationship with the natives

I live in the neighborhood near the Dana Adobe. I remember the first event we had at the adobe, sometime in 1994. Kathy Hall Veder and I brought the Nipomo Sch students to perform a sweet little community affair. We sang "This land is your land, This land is my land" and the "World is a rainbow"
The Adobe represented the history of a land of mixed cultures, open to the neighborhood.
Now the free events are seldom and most events cost Big Bucks.
Many have contributed much time to the adobe but eventually drop out. The Daurios who seem to reign over all are extremely restrictive in their view and are very hard to work with.
I support the Chumash objections to the Adobes neglect of the true demise of the Natives.

No comments: